The Euro PM Congress & Exhibition 2019, organised by the EPMA, which will take place at the Maastricht Exhibition Congress Centre (MECC) in Maastricht, the Netherlands, from October 13–16, 2019, will feature two MIM-focused sessions as part of its programme of Special Interest Seminars (SIS). A full list of SIS topics is available here.
The MIM-focused SISs will feature presentations and discussions on the current state and developments in the Metal Injection Moulding industry. Chaired by Georg Breitenmoser, Parmaco Metal Injection Moulding AG, Switzerland, and Prof Frank Petzoldt, Fraunhofer IFAM, Germany, the sessions will include the following presentations:
Metal Injection Moulding & Additive Manufacturing
Session 43 – Wednesday 16 October – 08:00–09:30
- ‘Impact of Powder-Binder-Based Additive Manufacturing on Metal Injection Molding’ – Dr Animesh Bose (Desktop Metal, USA)
- ‘Strategic partnership of GKN-HP-VW for Binder Additive Manufacturing’ – Dr Simon Höges (GKN Sinter Metals Engineering GmbH, Germany)
- ‘MIM and the chances of AM processes’ – Dipl. Ing. Vera Friederici (Fraunhofer IFAM, Germany)
Metal Injection Moulding – The Future of MIM
Session 49 – Wednesday 16 October – 10:30–12:00
- ‘Update on Metal Injection Moulding and future Prospects’ – Benedikt Blitz (SMR Premium, Germany)
- ‘Simulation of the process chain’ – Dr Götz Hartmann (MAGMA GmbH, Germany)
- ‘Road to Digitalisation – Digital Process Data Analysis’ – Marc Kleider (Arburg, Germany)
Further information on the sessions and registration details are available via the event website.