There is still time to register for the Metal Powder Industries Federation (MPIF)’s virtual on-demand Powder Injection Moulding tutorial, conducted by Dr Randall M German, FAPMI, and available to access from September 15–17, 2020.
Dr German is one of the most recognised authorities on Metal Injection Moulding (MIM) and Ceramic Injection Moulding (CIM), and in this six-hour tutorial, recorded in 2018, he provides an in-depth review of these technologies.
The on-demand tutorial will be released in four separate videos, comprising Part 1: Introduction, Materials and Binders (two hours), Part 2: Injection Molding, Debinding and Sintering (two hours), Part 3: PIM Part Design, Cost and Facilities (one hour), and Part 4: Overview of PIM Markets and Opportunities (one hour).
The video content includes:
- An introduction to the manufacturing processes: feedstocks, moulding, debinding, sintering, and finishing
- A definition of what constitutes a viable PIM component and selection of materials based on the components expectations and required properties
- An assessment of the critical features of dimensional accuracy and material performance
- A comparison of PIM to competing technologies
- A review of the advantages of PIM
- A look at new applications, emerging markets, and examples of products never thought possible in net shape manufacturing before PIM.
As a bonus, each registrant will receive electronic copies of Metal Injection Molding–A Comprehensive MIM Design Guide, Injection Molding of Metals and Ceramics, and the MPIF Standard 35-MIM 2018 Edition Materials Standards for Metal Injection Molded Parts.
Further information and registration details are available via the company website.