Standard 35, Materials Standards for Metal Injection Molded Parts—2007 Edition just published
August 1, 2007
The new Standard 35, Materials Standards for Metal Injection Molded Parts—2007 Edition has just been published by the Metal Powder Industries Federation (MPIF), USA. The 32 page publication is the most comprehensive standard to-date and encompasses all facets of the MIM industry and replaces the MPIF MIM Standard published in 2001. The 2007 edition features new and revised information on:
- Controlled-expansion alloys (MIM-F-15)
- Coefficient of thermal expansion
- Stainless steel data (MIM-420 material with all property values, Poisson’s ratio— all materials)
- Soft-magnetic alloy data (minimum—maximum coercive force (Hc)— all materials, typical densities— all materials)
- Alphabetical index: listing and guide to material systems and designation codes used in MPIF Standard 35.
Standard 35 is available in printed format, on CD or as a PDF for $35 (APMI Member $30, MPIF Member $25). ISBN-13: 978-0-9762057-9-1 ISBN-10: 0-9762057-9-3.
To order contact MPIF publications department,
Tel: +1 609 945 0009
Fax: +1 609 987 8523