Registration is now open for MIM2022: International Conference on Injection Molding of Metals, Ceramics and Carbides, scheduled to take place February 21-23 in West Palm Beach, Florida, USA. Organised by the Metal Powder Industries Federation (MPIF), the annual event will showcase the latest innovations in MIM part design, tooling, moulding, debinding and sintering, as well as advancements in metals, alloys, ceramics and hardmaterials.
The two-day conference will include the following presentations:
- Plasma powder production for MIM applications Jérôme Pollak, Tekna
- Exploring automated bending process for MIM part dimensional correction Douglas Kaercher, The Arc Group Worldwide
- Reduction in shrinkage of binder jet printed large stainless-steel parts using novel metal powders Kyle Myers, ExOne
- 17-4PH stainless past and present Tim McCabe, OptiMIM
- The 1st ever direct jetting for high-definition Additive Manufacturing of metals & ceramics Dror Danai, XJet LTD.
- A review of state of the art Vacuum Induction Melting Inert Gas Atomisation (VIGA) technology and the fine metal powders possible from this technology Ralf Carlström, Höganäs AB
- Powder production and Metal Injection Molding (MIM) of a novel light-weight, high-strength, non-magnetic Steel, compared with Ti6Al4V alloy alternative Paul A. Davies, Sandvik Osprey Ltd.
- Mitigating post-sinter distortion in MIM via machining in the green state Levi M. Rust, ARC Group Worldwide
- Application of hot disk transient plane source for thermal conductivity evaluation during Metal Injection Molding: Case of metal powders Artem A. Trofimov, Orton Ceramic Foundation
- Impact of gas guiding in an improved debinding and sintering furnace for AM Parts: CFD simulations and initial experimental results Tim Ohnweile, Carbolite Gero
- Sintering behavior of binder-jet printed H-13 James W. Sears, AMAERO
- Comparison of binder-jet and MIM Animesh Bose, FAPMI, Desktop Metal, Inc.
- Dry ice cleaning in MIM – Who needs it? Steve Wilson, Cold Jet LLC
- Metal Injection Molding of F75 (Co-28Cr-6Mo) John L. Johnson, FAPMI, Novamet/Ultra Fine Specialty Products
- Effect of Nb addition and sinter conditions on AISI-420 martensitic stainless steels produced by Powder Injection Molding: Microstructural, mechanical and corrosion properties Professor Ozkan Gulsoy, Marmara University
- Two component micro Powder Injection Molding of bi-material stainless steel 17-PH and yttria stabilised zirconia Sulong Abu Baker, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia
A tabletop exhibition and reception for all delegates will take place following the technical presentations on February 22.
Prior to the main conference, an optional Powder Injection Moulding tutorial will be hosted by Matthew Bulger, former MIMA president on February 21. The tutorial provides a basis for determining options, uses, properties, applications, and opportunities for cost-effective PIM manufacturing solutions. The PIM tutorial is aimed at engineers, business managers, procurement managers, component designers and technicians.
Early registration discounts will apply until January 7, 2022. Register here.