The Metal Powder Industries Federation (MPIF) has announced that registration is now open for the 2023 International Conference on Injection Molding of Metals, Ceramics and Carbides. The event is scheduled to take place February 27-March 1, both in person and online at the Hilton Orange County in Costa Mesa, California, USA.
All aspects of the processing of components produced by Metal Injection Moulding (MIM), Ceramic Injection Moulding (CIM) and sinter-based Additive Manufacturing will be covered. There will also be a tabletop exhibition featuring leading international industry suppliers.
A Powder Injection Molding Tutorial, presented by former MIMA president Matthew Bulger, will be presented on February 27. The course is intended to give attendees a solid grounding in PIM, including:
- Introduction to manufacturing processes, including feedstocks, moulding, debinding, sintering and finishing
- Definition of what constitutes a viable PIM component
- Selection of materials based on component expectations required properties
- Assessment of the critical features of dimensional accuracy and material performance
- Comparison of PIM to competing technologies
- Review of the economical advantages of PIM
- New applications, emerging markets and examples of products thought impossible to manufacture before the use of PIM
Registration is open here.
As well as attendance to MIM2023, registration also includes $200 worth of MPIF e-publications, including ‘MPIF Standards 35 – MIM Materials Standards for Metal Injection Molded Parts – 2018’, ‘Metal Injection Molding A Comprehensive MIM Design Guide’ by Randall M German and ‘Injection Molding of Metals and Ceramics’ by Randall M German and Animesh Bose.
Copies of PIM International magazine will also be distributed to participants.