The organisers of the PM2012 Powder Metallurgy World Congress and Exhibition, October 14-18 2012, Yokohama, Japan, are inviting the PM community to submit presentations for inclusion in the technical programme. Interested parties are asked to submit an abstract no later than November 20, 2011.
The event is organised by the Japan Powder Metallurgy Association (JPMA) and the Japan Society of Powder and Powder Metallurgy (JSPM), with the support of the European Powder Metallurgy Association (EPMA), Metal Powder Industries Federation (MPIF) and Asian Powder Metallurgy Association (APMA).
The event carries the theme “Challenge for the next generation” and it is stated that advanced technology and information for the “Environment” and “Energy Saving” will be introduced. Special session topics include:
- Thermoelectric materials and devices for green energy harvesting
- Nano-structured and/or nano reinforced metal/ceramic composite
- Synthesis and processing of materials by Spark Plasma Sintering
Main oral and poster topics are set to include:
- Powder Manufacturing & Processing
- Powder Pressing
- Full Density & Alternative Consolidation
- Powder Injection Moulding
- Miniaturisation & Nanotechnology in PM
- Secondary & Finishing Operations
- Tools for Improving PM
- Irons & Steels
- Nonferrous & Special Materials
- Lightweight & Porous Materials
- Hard Materials
- Magnetic & Electric Materials
- Functional Materials
- PM for Current & Future Applications
All submitted papers will be reviewed and allocated to Oral or Poster Sessions by the Technical Program Committee, based on authors’ choices and acceptance notification will be e-mailed to the authors by the end of February 2012.
In a statement on the event website, the organising committee is seeking to reassure potential participants about the safety of attending the event. Yokohama is situated just south of Tokyo, more than 250 km from the areas hit by the March 11 earthquake, tsunami and the Fukushima nuclear plant.