The PM-11 International Conference & Exhibition, dedicated to Powder Metallurgy for Automotive and Engineering Industries, takes place in Pune, India, from February 3-5 2011.
000267The conference will, for the first time, feature a session devoted to Metal Injection Molding (MIM) technology. The addition of such a session reflects the growing interest in MIM in India from end-users, potential part makers and the R&D community. India is already home to the manufacturing centre of one of the world’s largest MIM producers, Indo-US MIM Tec Pvt. Ltd, located in Bangalore.
It is expected that this new MIM session will provide a thorough introduction to the MIM process, as well as examples of MIM parts and properties. Presentations already confirmed for PM-11’s MIM session are as follows:
- Introduction to MIM/ CIM technology
Prof. Rama Mohan (Consultant, India)
- MIM Feedstock technology
Dr. Jochen Eichstaedt, PolyMIM GmbH, Germany
- Debinding and Sintering of MIM parts
Peter Vervoot, Elino GmbH, Germany
- Metal Injection Moulding: A new PM route for development of Nickel Wicks used in LHP’s
Prosenjit Das, S. K. Samanta, A. K. Lohar, A. K. Chowdhury, Central Mechanical Engg. Research Institute (CSIR), India
- Experimental study of physical properties of metal injection molded parts made from industrial metallic waste
Kapil Chandan and Prof. P. P. Date, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai, India
- Effect of Zr on the sintering and heat treatment characteristics of injection molded 2%Ni-Fe alloy
Hidefumi Nakamura, Hisataka Toyoshima, Hidenori Otsu, Akihiko Chiba, Koetsu Abe
EPSON ATMIX Co. Hachinohe, Japan
- Panel discussion
PM-11 is organised by the Powder Metallurgy Association of India.