PM CHINA 2013, the 2013 China (Shanghai) International Power Metallurgy Exhibition & Conference, takes place from April 26-28 at the Shanghai Everbright Convention & Exhibition Center. Since the first PM CHINA event in 2008, PM CHINA has expanded into a major exhibition that attracts both domestic and international participants.
The 2013 event sees the debut of a new Metal Injection Moulding (MIM) pavilion, helping to strengthen industry recognition in China. The organisers state that the MIM pavilion will attract a wide range of visitors from a more diverse range of industries than traditional Powder Metallurgy.
The MIM Pavilion is expecting to cover 2,000m2 and the organisers state that a number of key industry suppliers including BASF, Atmix, Arburg, Sandvik Osprey, Cremer Thermoprozessanlagen and Ametek are scheduled to participate.
In addition there will be MIM symposium held concurrently, with presentations including:
- A review of Metal Injection Moulding by BASF
- Large-scale, series production of MIM parts using vacuum debinding and sintering furnaces by Ipsen Inc. from USA
- Injection moulding process simulation of MIM for improving the yield of production by Sigmasoft from Germany
- Injection moulding machines, mould and technology in MIM by Arburg (Shanghai)
- Properties of Metal Injection Moulded parts for medical applications using gas-atomised powder (Sandvik Osprey)
- Carpenter Powder Products: featured applications