How has the global Metal Injection Moulding industry weathered the most turbulent years in recent history, and what has the impact been on MIM’s key markets worldwide? As the industry passes the $3 billion marker for parts sales, an overview of available industry statistics has been published in the free-to-access Winter issue of PIM International (Vol 16, No 4).
In addition to presenting key market data for Asia, Europe and North America, insight is shared based on recent conversations with industry leaders covering recent industry trends, from changes to MIM’s traditional markets, to reshoring, new applications driven by vehicle electrification and much more.
Comment is also given on the adoption of sinter-based metal Additive Manufacturing / 3D printing technologies by the MIM industry, including processes such as metal Binder Jetting (BJT) and Material Extrusion (MEX). Data presented include:
- Estimated MIM sales growth in Europe 2010-2021
- Estimated MIM markets by sales value in Europe 2021
- Estimated market share change for MIM by sales in Europe in 2021
- Estimate of China’s MIM markets by sales in 2021
- Japanese MIM sales 2015-2021
- Japanese MIM market breakdown 2021
- Japanese MIM materials breakdown 2021
- Estimated MIM sales in India
- Estimate of North American MIM by sales 2016-2021
- Estimated North American MIM markets by weight 2021
- Estimated MIM material usage in North America 2021