European Ceramic Materials project to hold its final meeting this month
April 30, 2018
The European Ceramic Materials (EUCERMAT) project, funded by the Erasmus+ programme, will hold its final dissemination event, ‘A bridge between Education, Research and Industry in the field of Ceramic Sciences’, on Wednesday, May 23, 2018, 9:00AM–2:00PM, in the offices of the Représentation de la Région Nouvelle-Aquitaine in Brussels, Belgium.
The aim of the EUCERMAT project is to significantly change the general view of ceramic materials in Europe by implementing new, modern ways of teaching ceramic science and technology in European universities; strongly correlated research projects between universities and industries; and innovative ways of communicating the topic to the general public and secondary schools.
The final meeting aims to share and disseminate the final outcomes of the project, looking at:
- Good practices to promote ceramic sciences in Europe
- The implementation of a common Master’s programme:
- How to design or redesign teaching units for blended (international, online and offline) delivery?
- How to implement a common module in the Master’s Degree?
- Strengthening of the knowledge triangle in the field of ceramic science:
- Creation of a dedicated Industrial Network gathering universities, research institutes and companies across Europe
- Elaboration of a chart giving the general term and conditions of the network’s function
- Implementation of tutored research projects for students, organised between companies and universities
- A new roadmap of emerging industry requirements in ceramics science
During the event, a number of speakers in the field will also give talks and share best practices in their fields of expertise. According to EUCERMAT, the meeting will be of interest for universities, enterprises and research centres involved in ceramics, as well as in other scientific fields. Registration is free of charge.