The European Powder Metallurgy Association (EPMA) has announced the recipients of its 2022 Keynote Paper Awards, which will be presented during the World PM2022 Congress & Exhibition, scheduled to take place October 9–13, 2022, in Lyon, France.
For this year’s event, the World PM2022 Technical Programme Committee has selected nine Keynote Papers:
- ‘Using Discrete Simulations Of Compaction And Sintering To Predict Final Part Geometry’ by Gilmar Nogueira (Université Grenoble Alpes, France)
- High Strength Ti-Zr Alloys With Balanced Ductility Fabricated By Powder Metallurgy And Additive Prof Dr Katsuyoshi Kondoh (Osaka University, Japan)/
- ‘Constitutive Modelling Of Solid State Sintering Of Cemented Carbides’ by Dipl-Ing Louise Rosenblad (KTH, Sweden)
- ‘Development Of X40CrMoV5-1 (H13) On Binder Jetting Technologies’ by Dr Ing Christophe Reynaud (CETIM, France)
- ‘Solid-state Processing Of Surplus Aluminium Alloy Powders Through A Combination Of Field Assisted Sintering Technology And Hot Rolling’ by Dr Simon Graham (The University of Sheffield, United Kingdom)
- ‘Brake Discs Made Of Aluminum Matrix Composites’ by Dr Ing Johannes Trapp (Fraunhofer IFAM, Germany)
- ‘Rheological Characterization Of Water Atomized Tool Steel Powders Developed For Laser Powder Bed Fusion By Supervised And Unsupervised Machine Learning’ by Denis Mutel (Université Laval, Canada)
- ‘Influence Of Oxygen In The Production Chain Of Metallic Glasses Via Laser Powder Bed Fusion’ by Erika Soares Barreto (Leibniz-Institute for Materials Engineering IWT, Germany)
- ‘Fabrication Of Tailored Ti-based Materials By Conventional Powder Metallurgy For Bone Implant Applications’ by Dr Luis Olmos (Univ. Grenoble Alpes, France)
These papers will receive an extended thirty-minute slot for their presentation at the beginning of the relevant session and will go on to be published in the journal Powder Metallurgy. More information on the papers and their authors are available here.