The organisers of the EPHJ trade show have confirmed that the event will once again bring together the high-precision watchmaking, microtechnology and medicine industry when the show takes place in Geneva, Switzerland, on September 14–17, following many months of postponement due to the COVID-19 disruptions and restrictions.
“The convivial and friendly spirit at the EPHJ trade show is one of the main factors behind its success,” stated Alexandre Catton, Director of the show. “Everyone really wants to meet up, reconnect with each other, smile at one other without a screen, have a drink with their clients and do some face to face business.”
This year, EPHJ will host more than 500 exhibitors at Geneva-Palexpo, welcoming large numbers of Swiss and international visitors, mainly from neighbouring countries. Innovation is expected to be the main theme of the 2021 event, especially during the various round table discussions.
Highlights of the EPHJ programme include:
- 14 September at 2:30 PM: How far will the reconfiguration of the watch market go?’ – Jean-Daniel Pasche, president of the Watchmaking Federation and Philippe Bauer, president of the Convention Patronale de l’Industrie Horlogère
- 15 September at 9:00 AM: The essential role of research for the future of high precision and watchmaking’ – with the participation of leaders of CSEM and CNRS
- 15 September at 2:00 PM: Medtech: what are the market opportunities for high-precision players?’ – Benoit Dubuis, director of Campus Biotech and Sébastien Virtel, senior VP of the Acrotec Group
- 16 September at 10:00 AM: Traceability and sustainability: the new demands of watchmaking on suppliers’ – Antoine de Montmollin, CEO of Metalor and Didier Théraulaz, sustainability advisor at the Fondation de la Haute Horlogerie
- 16 September at 2:00 PM: Laser and additive manufacturing’ – Swissphotonics
Further information and registration details are available through the event website.