The ECerS Summer school is scheduled to be held before the Ceramics in Europe conference and exhibition from July 8–9 in Kraków, Poland. This year’s course topic will be ‘Fundamentals and Advanced Technologies of Sintering’.
Presented by recognised experts in the field, the ECerS Summer School will consist of ten modules:
- Overview of the Fundamentals of Sintering
- Toolbox to control grain growth during densification of ceramics
- Miracle versatility of advanced Si3N4: from engineering to functional applications
- Contrasting Microstructure and Densification Processes during Solid State and Liquid Phase Sintering of Al2O3
- Fundamentals and technology of hot pressing and hot isostatic pressing
- Microwave sintering; what can it and can’t it do?
- Spark Plasma Sintering – design of experiments
- Flash Sintering – towards faster, cheaper, greener and better Ceramics
- Utilizing Cold Sintering in the Design and Integration of New Functional Composite Materials
- Impact of high heating rates: from pit firing to ultrafast high-temperature sintering
The ACerS Ceramic and Glass Industry Foundation (CGIF) is offering grants of $1,000 in travel funding for those interested to attend the summer school. Application is open for undergraduate, graduate and PhD students from non-European universities. More information is available here.
Registration for the ECerS summer school is open here. Deadline is May 31.