Plansee SE has announced dates for the 18th Plansee Seminar, which will take place at the company’s headquarters in Reutte, Austria, from 3-7 June 2013.
Since its beginnings in 1952, the Plansee Seminar has been regarded as a global forum for the technical and scientific PM community to exchange ideas and keep up-to-date with the latest innovations and market trends. The organisers state that all aspects of the science, technology, testing and application of Refractory Metals and Hard Materials will be addressed in keynote lectures and/or by oral and poster presentations, specifically:
- PM processing technologies including all steps from concept to the finished product
- The full range of applications, from electronics, power engineering to medical technology etc.
- Applications of Hard Materials with focus on cutting tools and wear parts which benefit from improved materials and coating systems
- Recent developments in material analysis and testing methods
- Advanced methods of modelling material properties, material synthesis and component design.
Organisers state that a “Call for Papers” will be distributed in April 2012. More information is available on the event website.