Smart Shows Tarsys Ltd, the organisers of Ceramics Expo, have issued a Call for Speakers for the Ceramics Expo 2021 Conference, which is scheduled to take place in Cleveland, Ohio, USA, from May 3–5, 2021.
The free-to-attend conference runs concurrently to the exhibition and brings together industry leaders to share their technical expertise in ceramics and provide real-world case studies, new technologies and materials, along with information on industry trends.
The 2021 conference will continue with the theme of enabling “a clean, efficient and electrified future.” This approach will explore CMCs, catalysts and filtration, technical and industrial coatings, metallisation of ceramics and ceramic coatings on metal alloys amongst many other key topics, explain the organisers.
Abstracts are welcomed on the following topics:
- Costs and industry financial issues, such as economic forecasting, material availability, etc.
- Workforce development
- Overviews of technical hurdles that need to be overcome in future markets
- Raw and precious materials acquisition
- Ceramic matrix composites (CMCs)
- Energy storage and harvesting
- Composite and ceramic materials: synthesis and characterization, structure and design
- Ceramic coating
- Machining of CMCs
- Electronic packaging
- Coatings (Thermal barriers)
- Wear and corrosion
Process improvement (lead time and cost), innovation, and best practice of:
- Additive Manufacturing of ceramics
- Improvements in resin formulation, slurries, additives, rheology
- Improvement of forming processes: slip casting, pressing, tape casting, Ceramic Injection Moulding (CIM), Hot Isostatic Pressing (HIP), etc.
- Improvements in debinding and sintering processes
- (Precision) finishing
- Testing and analysis
- Applications of Big Data in manufacturing processes
Abstracts should be submitted by January 17, 2021. Further information and submission guidelines are available via the event website.