The full conference schedule is now available for the 5th International Conference on Powder Metallurgy in Asia (APMA 2019), to be held at the JW Marriot Hotel in Pune, India, from February 18-21, 2019. This year’s event is being hosted by the Powder Metallurgy Association of India (PMAI) and will welcome delegates from Asia and around the world.
APMA 2019 will be India’s largest ever conference on Powder Metallurgy and particulate materials, and is expected to attract over 500 delegates. The conference will showcase the capabilities of the PM industry through technical papers offering updates on research, industry developments and trends across the PM supply chain.
On its first day, the conference will feature an inaugural ceremony with speeches from N Gopinath PMAI President, Chiu-Lung Chu, APMA President, and more, and further addresses by Mark Braithwaite, President APAC, Höganäs, and Alok Nanda, CTO, GE South Asia.
Day one of the conference will also feature a number of plenary keynote presentations:
- Industrial PM (Press & Sinter) Technology For Auto, Electrical And Machine Parts: ‘Product Development For New Propulsion Systems – A Review And Scope Of Powder Metal Technologies’, Rohith Shivanath, Stackpole, Canada
- Powder Injection Moulding (Metals & Ceramics): ‘Development Of Innovative Ti Alloy Compacts Through MIM Processes, Prof Dr Hideshi Miura, Kyushu University, Japan
- Additive Manufacturing (Metals & Ceramics): ‘Binder Assisted Processing Of Metal Additive Manufacturing’, Dr Animesh Bose, Desktop Metal, USA
- Hard Metals & Diamond Tools: ‘Current Trends & Advances In The Fabrication & Application Of Diamond Tools’, Prof Dr Janusz S Konstanty, AGH University Of Science & Technology, Poland
- Hard Metals & Diamond Tools: ‘Hybrid ERS Processing And Application- Case Studies About Metal-Ceramic Composites’, Dr Leo Prakash, WTP Materials Engineering, Germany
- Development Of Metals & Alloys For Emerging Applications: ‘Powder Metallurgy Processed High Entropy Alloy’, Prof Dr Hyoung Seop Kim, Postech, Korea
- Technical Ceramics & Composites: ‘Over View Of High-Performance Ceramics’, Prof Dr Thomas Graule, Laboratory for High Performance Ceramics, EMPA, Switzerland
Also on the conference schedule will be a number of Special Interest Sessions and seminars covering all aspects of PM, and technical sessions on topics including:
- Vehicle weight reduction
- Porous materials
- PM in Electric Vehicles (EVs)
- PM in bio-medical apps & devices
- Powder production & characterisation
- Compaction & other forming processes
- Binder & feedstock development
- Hot Isostatic Pressing (HIP)
- Laser sintering, cladding and coating
- Testing & data mining
- Sintering & post sintering processes
- Spark plasma & hot press sintering
- Dimensional control
- Heat treatment & surface engineering
In the exhibit hall, suppliers to and users of press & sinter PM, Metal Injection Moulding, Powder Injection Moulding and Additive Manufacturing will demonstrate their goods and services to the PM industry, with many exhibiting in India for the first time.
Delegate registration and further information on APMA 2019 is available via the conference website.
Pick up your free copies of PM Review, Metal AM and PIM International magazines!
We will be attending the APMA Conference and have a booth in the exhibition. Please visit and pick up your free copy of our latest magazines.