APMA 2019: Conference schedule to cover all aspects of Powder Metallurgy
January 30, 2019
The 5th International Conference on Powder Metallurgy in Asia (APMA 2019) will be held at the JW Marriot Hotel in Pune, India, from February 18-21, 2019. The event is this year being hosted by the Powder Metallurgy Association of India (PMAI) and will welcome delegates from Asia and around the world.
APMA 2019 will be India’s largest ever conference on Powder Metallurgy and particulate materials, and is expected to attract over 500 delegates. The conference will showcase the capabilities of the PM industry through technical papers offering updates on research, industry developments and trends across the PM supply chain.
Also on the conference schedule will be a number of Special Interest Sessions and seminars covering all aspects of PM, including
- Industrial PM (press & sinter) technology for auto, electrical and machine parts
- Powder Injection Moulding (PIM)
- Additive Manufacturing (AM)
- Hard metals & diamond tools
- Development of materials & alloys for emerging applications
- Technical ceramics & composites
There will be technical sessions on topics which include:
- Vehicle weight reduction
- Porous materials
- PM in Electric Vehicles (EVs)
- PM in bio-medical apps & devices
- Powder production & characterisation
- Compaction & other forming processes
- Binder & feedstock development
- Hot Isostatic Pressing (HIP)
- Laser sintering, cladding and coating
- Testing & data mining
- Sintering & post sintering processes
- Spark plasma & hot press sintering
- Dimensional control
- Heat treatment & surface engineering
In the exhibit hall, suppliers to and users of press & sinter PM, Metal Injection Moulding, Powder Injection Moulding and Additive Manufacturing will demonstrate their goods and services to the PM industry, with many exhibiting in India for the first time.
Delegate registration and further information on APMA 2019 is available via the conference website.
Pick up your free copy of PM Review, Metal AM and PIM International magazines!
We will be attending the APMA Conference and will have a booth in the exhibition. Please visit and pick up your free copy of the latest magazines