America Makes, Youngstown, Ohio, USA, the USA’s National Additive Manufacturing Innovation Institute, has announced the election of its new Executive Committee, the main strategic advisory group for the Institute, which will focus on strategy, policy and advocacy. The Executive Committee is comprised of three appointed government representatives and eight representatives elected from three sectors within its membership community; non-profits, academia, and industry. Representatives serve two year terms.
The members of the America Makes 2020-2021 Executive Committee include:
- Stephanie Gaffney, Director of Advanced Manufacturing Program, Youngstown Business Incubator (YBI)
- Jeannine Kunz, Vice President, Tooling U-SME
- Sandra DeVincent Wolf, PhD, Director of Research Partnerships, College of Engineering Executive Director, NextManufacturing Center & Manufacturing Futures Initiative, Carnegie Mellon University
- Ed Herderick, PhD, Director of Additive Manufacturing, The Center for Design and Manufacturing Excellence (CDME), Ohio State University
- John Barnes, Founder, The Barnes Group Advisors
- Melanie Lang, Co-Founder & CEO, FormAlloy
- Jim Monroe, AM Director, American Additive Manufacturing, LLC
- Brian Rosenberger, LM Fellow, Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company
- Raymond ‘Corky’ Clinton, PhD, Associate Director, Science and Technology Office, NASA Marshall Space Flight Center
- Alan Pentz, PhD, Additive Manufacturing Implementation Lead, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Navy [Research, Development, Test, & Evaluation DASN (RDT&E)]
- Mike McKittrick, PhD, Program Manager – R&D Consortia, U.S. Department of Energy | Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy Advanced Manufacturing Office
The Executive Committee convenes monthly via conference calls and annually at a face-to-face meeting during America Makes Members Meeting & Exchange (MMX) event held in Youngstown, Ohio, in the autumn.
A conference call is scheduled for March 2, 2020, in which Executive Committee members will elect a chairperson. Executive Committee members attending America Makes’ upcoming Technical Review & Exchange (TRX) event, to be held March 3-4, 2020, in College Station, Texas, will also have the opportunity to informally convene.