Global technology company Altair, headquartered in Troy, Michigan, USA, has announced what it states is the most significant software update release in the company’s history. All of its software products have been updated with advancements in user experience and a large number of new features, including intuitive workflows said to enable users to streamline development and bring products to market faster.
The software update release expands on the number of solutions available for designers, engineers, data analysts, IT and HPC professionals, facility managers and more, and reportedly enables access to more physics, data analytics and machine learning.
“Our teams are always driven to develop and provide access to a range of different technologies that enable our customers to break through complex problems, and explore and discover on their own terms,” explained James Scapa, Chairman, founder and Chief Executive Officer of Altair. “This software update release is the largest collection of our applications for design, simulation and data analytics.”
Some of the enhancements and new capabilities added in the update include, but are not limited to:
- A new interface added to Altair HyperWorksTM for high-fidelity computer-aided engineering (CAE) modelling and visualisation, increasing productivity, as well as a new subsystem entity for modular model configuration
- Fatigue optimisation added to Altair SimLabTM
- The integration of Altair SimSolidTM solver in Altair InspireTM, including support and connector reaction forces, instantaneous reaction time modelling of large PolyNURBS models, and improved geometry generation from optimisation
- The addition of advanced morphing of any geometry type to Inspire Studio
- The addition of Additive Manufacturing simulation in Altair Inspire with new unit cell lattice generation
- The addition of multi-physics system modelling with hardware-in-the-loop and Internet of Things (IoT) for digital twin development in Altair ActivateTM
- A major update to the recently-released Altair PanopticonTM, a platform for user-driven monitoring of real-time data, which adds cloud-based deployment, enabling users to build, modify and share custom-designed functions and content easily via standard web browsers