Slovakian MIM producer Gevorkyan to double the size of its operation

September 29, 2015

Gevorkyan, s.r.o., is a family owned Powder Metallurgy producer established 20 years ago in Slovakia by Armenian military aircraft engineer Artur Gevorkyan. Today, the company supplies PM and MIM parts to a wide range of end-user industries including the automotive, oil and gas, hand tools, locks and garden equipment sectors.

Slovakian MIM producer Gevorkyan to double the size of its operation - IMG_5085-edited

Engineering discussions at Slovakian MIM specialist Gevorkyan, s.r.o

Over the last three years the company has not only invested in the modernisation of its PM operations, but has also established a new MIM division. Artur Gevorkyan told PIM International that the development of MIM technology was an important strategic target for next decade. Around 70% of new company projects are already coming from MIM customers, with conventional PM accounting for the remaining 30%. These figures, stated the company, are steering investment plans.

This year, the company has invested in a new MIM continuous debinding and sintering furnace from Cremer Thermoprozessanlagen GmbH, a new furnace for special materials from Elnik Systems, as well as injection moulding machines from Arburg GmbH + Co KG. The company is also installing a HIP plant which will primarily be used for parts destined for the firearms and aerospace industries.

Over the last year, the company has taken on 70 new employees and built a new fully-automated warehouse. In relation to the enlargement of the MIM operation, new investments have been made in the company’s quality department, where 3D inspection technology and equipment for the chemical analysis of materials have been installed. The company has its own tool room, where two CNC Hermle mills and Fanuc electro-erosion machines are installed.

In Gevorkyan’s R&D department, 50% of the company’s engineers work exclusively on MIM technology. By the end of 2015, the company plans to install a 3D printer as well as software for the simulation of the injection moulding process. The company currently offers rapid prototyping of MIM parts by CNC machining samples from feedstock blocks. “This is desired mainly by customers, who do not have any experience with MIM materials,” stated Artur Gevorkyan.

In last twelve months, Gevorkyan has received 73 new tooling orders for MIM projects. The company plans to add an additional 3,500 m² of floorspace to its MIM production facility, bringing the total area for PM and MIM to 7,000 m². Artur Gevorkyan commented that the company intends to remain reasonably independent of the automotive industry, maintaining automotive production at 30% of its total portfolio. The company plans to change from present sales ratio of 85% PM and 15% MIM technology to 50% PM and 50% MIM, as well as to increase sales from the present €20 million to €40 million by the end of 2018. The majority of the company’s customers come from Europe and North and South America.

The company actively promotes MIM technology to its customers, with technical days organised at Gevorkyan as well as at customers’ plants. Together with increasing sales and a growing workforce, Artur Gevorkyan’s told PIM International that his goal is to keep the special atmosphere of a family company with close relation between employees and customers, where everyone is willing to help and exceed customer expectations. The company recently received a Best Employer award from Via Bona Slovakia. For more information email: [email protected]


Industry News

Read the latest issue of PIM International

The latest issue of PIM International magazine is available to view online or download in PDF format.

As well as an extensive MIM, CIM industry and sinter-based AM industry news section, this 112-page issue includes the following exclusive articles and reports:

  • Ceramic Injection Moulding:
    Developments in production technology, materials and applications
  • ElementPlus: Exploring opportunities for titanium MIM in the consumer electronics sector
  • MIM-Master Neo: A new generation of the continuous debinding and sintering solution that changed the MIM industry
  • Small-scale, complex parts with a fine surface finish: An AM solution from Incus meets the demands of MIM producers
  • > Go to magazine page


Register for our e-newsletter and we'll let you know each time a new issue of PIM International magazine is available, as well as keeping you informed of MIM and CIM industry developments.

Industry News

Copy link
Powered by Social Snap